“For all his bluster, it is the sad province of Man that he cannot choose his triumph. He can only choose how he will stand when the call of destiny comes… hoping that he’ll have the courage to answer.”
Don’t Look Back (Heroes)
Are we seeing an increasing trend to blame the problems in the world on the system, government, conspiracy theories or education? Forget about the big picture. Do something to improve your own life and make you happier. Get a new job, volunteer, start a community group, travel, meet new people. Inspire and create opportunities for others to improve their lives. The combined action of a large number of small changes will eventually effect the big picture.
Watch a child play, full of freedom and imagination. Defined only by their personality and feelings. As we get older we are defined by our beliefs, social groups, careers, nationality, dreams and ambitions. What do we gain and what do we lose?
1. Do what makes you happy and have fun doing it. Set your short term and long term goals and go beyond them.
2. You can’t always do it alone. Keep your friends and family close. Don’t be afraid to tell people how you feel and what you want.
3. Be positive and dream big. Positive people attract more positive people. The more you give the more you will get back.
4. Look after your mental and physical health. Avoid stress, eat well and exercise. Don’t waste time. Wake up early and get things done.
5. Spend money on experiences and developing skills not material things.
6. You can’t fight every battle. Invest your time and effort in things you really care about.
7. Develop your skills and be the best at what you want to do. Make your self irreplaceable but remember everyday is a chance to make the change you want to see.
8. Do it right the first time there is no such thing as a practice run or second chances. The impression is already made.
9. You can forgive but you don’t have to forget. Learn from your mistakes but don’t hold on to your regrets.
10. Put your plans and ideas into action. Try to have a positive impact on someone’s life everyday.
Related Post: Lessons From My Daughter