1. You can’t destroy the existing model of capitalism so we must develop a new model that makes the previous one obsolete.
“But to tear down a factory or to revolt against a government or to avoid repair of a motorcycle because it is a system is to attack effects rather than causes; and as long as the attack is upon effects only, no change is possible. The true system, the real system, is our present construction of systematic thought itself, rationality itself, and if a factory is torn down but the rationality which produced it is left standing, then that rationality will simply produce another factory. If a revolution destroys a government, but the systematic patterns of thought that produced that government are left intact, then those patterns will repeat themselves in succeeding government.” -Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, Robert M. Pirsig
2. Beyond all else we must promote equal healthcare and education for all.
3. Help promote entrepreneurship and the arts in your local area and globally.
4. Try to find new ways to develop your skills, projects and interests everyday. Eventually these will help you develop a sustainable business.
5. Be enthusiastic about what you believe in and encourage others to get involved.
7. “If your work has a positive impact on five or ten people, you have invented a seed. Now you can plant it a million times. If you can not develop a seed, you can pick up an existing seed and plant it in a new location.” -Muhammad Yunus, Building Social Business
7. Whenever it is possible choose small scale retailers, projects, artists and charities over large co-operations. Don’t substitute convenience and price for character and quality.
8. “I am learning to understand rather than immediately judge or to be judged. I cannot blindly follow the crowd and accept their approach. I will not allow myself to indulge in the usual manipulating game of role creation. I am happy because I am growing daily and I am honestly not knowing where the limit lies. To be certain, every day there can be a revelation or a new discovery.” -Bruce Lee
9. “Possession isn’t nine tenths of the law. It’s nine tenth of the problem.” -John Lennon Know when to give and when to receive. There is a time to wait, grow, develop or nurture.
10. “Evolution is not about design or will; it is the outcome of constant endeavors made by organisms that want to survive and better themselves. The collective result is intoxicatingly beautiful, rife with oddities, and surpassingly brilliant, yet no agent is in control. Evolution arises from the bottom up – so too does hope.” -Paul Hawken, Blessed Unrest